The Long Road to Gaza



I wish I can say
You are only mine
But till now, your name
Belongs to someone

I do cry, yes, I do
When I am alone without you
For it hurts me more to see you sad
Though this separation is only a short fad

Didn't believe in love
Till I met you
It felt like for many lives
I have known you

Be careful they say
Of what you wish for
All I ever wanted was another soul
To make my own, completely whole

I just want to know
When God answers our prayers
Is it a blessing
Or payment for karma, in arrears?

Never have I felt
This lonely in life
Even when I struggled
From nine to five

Suddenly, everything seem quiet
Even the Universe has gone silent
I put my head on your chest
Without you here, how would I rest?

I pray to God to give me strength
In my frail body to travel at length
If dust filled road to Gaza is my last journey
Let my soul depart on your chest, not other place or any...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ain't Goodbye, Dad!

Living with the Virus - A New Beginning or Revisiting Olden Way of Life?

Success...The Father Who Made Winners, What's Your Excuse?